April 5, 2002
We have been both amazed and grateful as to the Lord's attentiveness to faithfully honor the prayers of His people on William's behalf. Therefore, we would like to bring the following report to your attention. The most recent ultrasound of his brain has raised some immediate concern.
The doctor's assessment was that Baby William may need surgery to remove all or part of a sizable blood clot on his right ventricle that has not yet completely dissolved. The other possibility the doctor explained was that he may need to implant another temporary shunt (called a reservoir) on the right side, under his scalp, to improve the release of the cranial fluid. However, since both procedures are major for a baby of his premature gestational age, the doctor mentioned he would like to wait for another week or two to see if the clot will dissolve significantly on its own.
We ask that you would please join us in prayer that:
a. the blood clot would indeed dissolve completely on its own—within the next 2 weeks.
b. William would not need a second reservoir.
c. once the blood clot dissolves, that William will not need a permanent shunt.
We remain encouraged by your continued prayer vigil on William's behalf as we trust in the Lord's faithfulness.
"Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and Thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds...How excellent is Thy lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Thy wings" (Psalm 36:5-7).